Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Student Goverment Day


Recently, the students at Clarkstown High School North, (my alma mater), shadowed myself and many other government officials for the day at the Clarkstown Town Hall. I was very impressed with the enthusiasm and interest the students had in the actions of their local government. When I was a sophomore at CHSN, I had the good fortune to shadow a town official for the day, and it truly inspired me to get involved in my local government. I believe that any time students are challenged to think about how they can contribute to the community, everyone benefits! I can't wait to do this again, and I would like to invite any school or organization to contact me if they would like to set up a student government day or even a tour of the Town Hall!

No comments: